15 October 2018
Dear CIG Community:
The 2018 CIG Elections are now open. We have 4 candidates for 2 spots for the Executive Committee (EC) and 6 candidates for 3 spots on the Science Steering Committee (SSC).
- Susanne Buiter, Geol. Soc. of Norway & U. of Oslo
- Katie Cooper, Washington State University
- Margaret Jadamec, University at Buffalo, SUNY
- Louis Moresi, University of Melbourne
Science Steering Committee, Position 1:
- Anna Kelbert, USGS
- Krista Soderlund, University of Texas, Austin
Science Steering Committee, Position 2:
- Jacky Austermann, Columbia/LDEO
- Ebru Bozdag, Colorado School of Mines
Science Steering Committee, Position 3:
- Cedric Thieulot, University of Utrecht
- Cian Wilson, Carnegie DTM
You can find more information on all 10 candidates by navigating to the election site:
Home > About > Governance > Elections
Your Member Representative will be casting 2 votes for the EC and 1 vote in each of the 3 pairs for the SSC. Please contact your Member Representative (https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/membership/member-representatives/) to vote.
Is your institution not a member? Apply here: https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/membership/apply-membership/
Many thanks to our Nominating Committee - Sabine Stanley (chair), Magali Billen, and Carolina Lithgow-Bertelloni for presenting us with an excellent slate of candidates.
Balloting closes Friday November 16 before the Thanksgiving Holiday week.