How to run cookbook "fastscape_eroding_box.prm"?

Hi Qyunian,
I sent the installation instructions by email as well, but I thought it would be useful to post it here as well until I can add documentation on installing/using the coupling.

1. The following needs to be exported in .bashrc for fastscape visualization to work. Though, I am not sure if this needs to be done every time or only during installation. If this is not set, the models will still work but the VTK files will not show anything when opened in paraview.

export GFORTRAN_CONVERT_UNIT=‘big_endian’

1. Clone fastscape from my github branch. This includes the file that writes fastscape visualizations within the aspect model folder.

git clone https://github.com/Djneu/fastscapelib-fortran

1. Build fastscape so that it creates a shared library (.so) file for ASPECT to link to:

cmake -DBUILD_FASTSCAPELIB_SHARED=ON /path/to/fastscape

1. Install ASPECT with a flag to tell it to link to ASPECT and where the .so file is:

cmake -DASPECT_WITH_FASTSCAPE=ON \

-DFASTSCAPE_DIR=/path/to/fastscape/build \

/path/to/aspect

On a side note for visualization, fastscape VTK’s will not be written with a time and can’t be immediately shown on top of ASPECT in paraview. For this, in contrib/fastscape there is a python file, you can run this within the model folder and it should convert the .vtk to .vts files which include the same visualization timings as ASPECT. Although, looking through that file, in lines 48 and 148 it still points to a VTK folder whereas now the files are written in a fastscape folder so those two lines would need to be updated.