Problem with Material model compositing

Dear All,

I’m trying running a model with a Material model characterized by compositing model (I’m using version 2.3.0-pre running on docker).
Basically, I want that some parameters come from Multicomponent model and other from Latent heat model. I attached the my .prm file here.

When I run I got this error:

– This is ASPECT, the Advanced Solver for Problems in Earth’s ConvecTion.
– . version 2.3.0-pre (master, 5fee496)
– . using deal.II 9.0.1
– . with 32 bit indices and vectorization level 1 (128 bits)
– . using Trilinos 12.10.1
– . using p4est 2.0.0
– . running in DEBUG mode
– . running with 1 MPI process

TimerOutput objects finalize timed values printed to the
screen by communicating over MPI in their destructors.
Since an exception is currently uncaught, this
synchronization (and subsequent output) will be skipped to
avoid a possible deadlock.

ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 0. Skipping MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.

Exception ‘ExcMessage(std::string(“A plugin must have a name!\n\n” "This function was asked to create a plugin but no name for the " "plugin was provided. This may be due to the fact that you did not " "explicitly specify a name for this plugin in your input file and " "ASPECT does not provide a default for this kind of plugin, for " "example because no generally useful plugin exists. An example " "is that there is no default geometry: You need to explicitly " "provide one in the input file, and it seems like you have not " “done so.\n\n” "To find out which kind of plugin this function tries to create, " “take a look at the backtrace of this error message.\n\n” “The place that called this function also provided as " “additional information this:\n\n” " <”) + documentation + “>”)’ on rank 0 on processing:

An error occurred in line <460> of file </home/dealii/aspect/include/aspect/plugins.h> in function
static InterfaceClass* aspect::internal::Plugins::PluginList::create_plugin(const string&, const string&) [with InterfaceClass = aspect::MaterialModel::Interface<2>; std::__cxx11::string = std::__cxx11::basic_string]
The violated condition was:
name != “unspecified”
Additional information:
A plugin must have a name!

This function was asked to create a plugin but no name for the plugin was provided. This may be due to the fact that you did not explicitly specify a name for this plugin in your input file and ASPECT does not provide a default for this kind of plugin, for example because no generally useful plugin exists. An example is that there is no default geometry: You need to explicitly provide one in the input file, and it seems like you have not done so.

To find out which kind of plugin this function tries to create, take a look at the backtrace of this error message.

The place that called this function also provided as additional information this:

Aborting!

However my input file is very similar to the input compositing_02.prm that it’s run correctly.
So, what’s the problem?

Many thanks!

Regards,
Manuel
subduction_isostasy.prm (5.3 KB)

Dear Manuel,

Have you tried telling the Compositing material model what to do with the Entropy derivatives and reaction terms? Adding

set Entropy derivative pressure = latent heat
set Entropy derivative temperature = latent heat
set Reaction terms = latent heat

(for example) might stop the error.

Best wishes,
Bob

Many thanks, now it works!

Regards
Manuel