Need some help about aspect 2.5.0

model works correctly in 2.3.0 h,but not in 2.5.0. what should i do.
and how to download the version 2.3.0

Line <146> of file : No entry with name was declared in the current subsection.

Exception ‘dealii::ExcMessage (“Invalid input parameter file.”)’ on rank 0 on processing:

An error occurred in line <462> of file </home/dealii/aspect/source/main.cc> in function
void parse_parameters(const string&, dealii::ParameterHandler&)
The violated condition was:
false
Additional information:
Invalid input parameter file.

Stacktrace:

#0 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: parse_parameters(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, dealii::ParameterHandler&)
#1 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: void run_simulator<2>(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, bool, bool, bool)
#2 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: main

Aborting!

Primary job terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.

mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

Process name: [[35303,1],0]
Exit code: 1

Hello!

Have you tried the instructions in Section 4.8.4 of the manual (Compatibility of input files with newer ASPECT versions)?
https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/releases/download/v2.4.0/aspect-manual-2.4.0.pdf

If the instructions found in that section don’t work, please send us another message, including the not-working prm file.

Best wishes,
Bob

P.S. As far as I know, we’re currently at ASPECT version 2.4.0, so you appear to have travelled from the future! Hello from 2022! I hope version 2.5.0 is as great as we hope it will be!

Thanks for your response

The method in section 4.8.4 was tried.I don’t know if it’s right
Executing bash contrib/utilities/update_prm_files.sh output/text/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm

create a backup of the old parameter file (viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm.bak) in the folder

prm file still not working

the prm file is this one
aspect-tutorials/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm at master · gassmoeller/aspect-tutorials · GitHub

the version shown in the software is version 2.5.0-pre (main, 88466f09f) :rofl:

Thanks

An updated and working version of this prm can be found in
aspect/benchmarks/viscoelastic_bending_beam/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm

You may also be interested in how to fix such issues for other prms not in ASPECT. I was able to use the standard output to figure out what to change.

In this case, the first error message running 2.5.0pre was:
Line <146> of file <input string>: No entry with name <Use stress averaging> was declared in the current subsection.
so I removed the line
set Use stress averaging = false

The next error message is:
The compositional field ve_stress_xx you asked for is not used in the simulation.
so I modified the names of the compositional fields:
set Names of fields = ve_stress_xx, ve_stress_yy, ve_stress_xy, beam

Of course, this required some knowledge of the changes that have happened in ASPECT since 2.3. That might mean searching through the changelogs.

Best wishes,
Bob

1 Like

Thanks for help

This example shows how to solve such problems

Cheers