Need some help about aspect 2.5.0

model works correctly in 2.3.0 h,but not in 2.5.0. what should i do.
and how to download the version 2.3.0

Line <146> of file : No entry with name was declared in the current subsection.

Exception ‘dealii::ExcMessage (“Invalid input parameter file.”)’ on rank 0 on processing:

An error occurred in line <462> of file </home/dealii/aspect/source/main.cc> in function
void parse_parameters(const string&, dealii::ParameterHandler&)
The violated condition was:
false
Additional information:
Invalid input parameter file.

Stacktrace:

#0 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: parse_parameters(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, dealii::ParameterHandler&)
#1 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: void run_simulator<2>(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, bool, bool, bool)
#2 /home/dealii/aspect/aspect-release: main

Aborting!

Primary job terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.

mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

Process name: [[35303,1],0]
Exit code: 1

Hello!

Have you tried the instructions in Section 4.8.4 of the manual (Compatibility of input files with newer ASPECT versions)?
https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/releases/download/v2.4.0/aspect-manual-2.4.0.pdf

If the instructions found in that section don’t work, please send us another message, including the not-working prm file.

Best wishes,
Bob

P.S. As far as I know, we’re currently at ASPECT version 2.4.0, so you appear to have travelled from the future! Hello from 2022! I hope version 2.5.0 is as great as we hope it will be!

1 Like

Thanks for your response

The method in section 4.8.4 was tried.I don’t know if it’s right
Executing bash contrib/utilities/update_prm_files.sh output/text/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm

create a backup of the old parameter file (viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm.bak) in the folder

prm file still not working

the prm file is this one
aspect-tutorials/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm at master · gassmoeller/aspect-tutorials · GitHub

the version shown in the software is version 2.5.0-pre (main, 88466f09f) :rofl:

Thanks

An updated and working version of this prm can be found in
aspect/benchmarks/viscoelastic_bending_beam/viscoelastic_bending_beam.prm

You may also be interested in how to fix such issues for other prms not in ASPECT. I was able to use the standard output to figure out what to change.

In this case, the first error message running 2.5.0pre was:
Line <146> of file <input string>: No entry with name <Use stress averaging> was declared in the current subsection.
so I removed the line
set Use stress averaging = false

The next error message is:
The compositional field ve_stress_xx you asked for is not used in the simulation.
so I modified the names of the compositional fields:
set Names of fields = ve_stress_xx, ve_stress_yy, ve_stress_xy, beam

Of course, this required some knowledge of the changes that have happened in ASPECT since 2.3. That might mean searching through the changelogs.

Best wishes,
Bob

2 Likes

Thanks for help

This example shows how to solve such problems

Cheers

Thanks for help! Cheers!