I need help with the ASPECT software!

I am a novice and would like to use ASPECT software to simulate mantle convection conditions. I would like someone to help me! This is very important to me!

@xiyuan930809 We’re happy to help, but you need to ask concrete questions. Most of the questions you may have are probably answered in the 617-page manual. We’re here for the questions that aren’t answered there.

Best
Wolfgang

To add to Wolfgang’s comment, besides the manual, you can also find some good ASPECT playlists on the CIG youtube channel. For example, see 2016 ASPECT Tutorial 1 - YouTube and CIG 2020 Tectonics Modeling Tutorial (Day 1- Part 1) - YouTube.

I appreciate your patience! I will definitely look at the content you have to offer me!

Thank you for helping me! I will follow your guidance to learn! I will ask you again when you have specific problems!

Now I don’t know where I can find the installation file of Aspect, could you please provide it?
I would appreciate it!
If possible, please send it to this email address 839076848@qq.com

Now I don’t know where I can find the installation file of Aspect, could you please provide it?
I would appreciate it!
If possible, please send it to this email address 839076848@qq.com

You can find installation instructions for ASPECT in chapter 3 of the manual (page 42). Let us know if anything is unclear in the instructions or if you are running into a specific problem.

If you do run into a specific problem, please provide us with detail about the issue and about the system you are trying to install ASPECT on.

I don’t have this Aspect software now and would like you to provide it to me

@xiyuan930809 This is not how this works. ASPECT is a volunteer project; nobody is obligated to provide anything to you, regardless of whether you “would like [us] to provide it to you”. Menno politely pointed you to chapter 3 of the manual (with page number). It is up to you to read through this and do your part. As everyone here has made clear, we are happy to help with problems, but we are not paid to read through the manual for you and/or do anything else.

Best
Wolfgang

I know thank you for your patience!