Fully funded PhD position at Durham University, UK

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to a fully-funded MCSA Doctoral Network PhD project at Durham University on “Investigating Craton Dynamics and Ore Deposit Formation for Sustainable Critical Minerals Supply” at Durham University, UK.

The primary goal of this PhD project is to establish direct and quantitative links between large-scale, long-term craton dynamics and the formation of economically viable ore deposits of critical base metals and minerals. In particular, it aims to identify the key processes influencing the formation, evolution, and destruction of cratonic lithosphere, and investigate how these processes influence the formation and preservation of ore deposits at craton edges and internal cratonic basins.

The project will use ASPECT as the main modelling tool, and would like to ask if you could forward this message to any potential candidates. I am more than happy to answer any questions, so please contact me at jeroen.van-hunen@durham.ac.uk.

The application deadline is 19th November 2023, and full details about the project, the application process, and Durham University are available at Oracle Taleo.

Many thanks,

Jeroen van Hunen