Face with no cross edge

HI Brad,

I am getting an error that says: Face has no cross edge. I have embedded my fault in the center of the domain (pics below).
Fault has all the three sides marked as fault_edge to impose no-slip bc.

Domain

How to address this in V2.2?

Thank you
Viven

I don’t see anything obvious that would be causing this error.

Have you run mesh quality checks? Is the maximum condition number metric (available in Cubit and ParaView) less than about 3.0?

Hi Brad

Yes, I had done the condition number checks beforehand.

Here is the error log

-- Counting vertices for fault 'fault'.
 >> /home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/topology/MeshGenerator.py:125:_adjustTopology
 -- meshimporter(info)
 -- Adjusting topology for fault 'fault' with 6949 vertices.
Fatal error. Calling MPI_Abort() to abort PyLith application.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PetscApplication.py", line 74, in onComputeNodes
    self.main(*args, **kwds)
  File "/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/apps/PyLithApp.py", line 115, in main
    mesh = self.mesher.create(self.problem.normalizer, interfaces)
  File "/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/topology/MeshImporter.py", line 120, in create
    self._adjustTopology(mesh, faults)
  File "/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/topology/MeshGenerator.py", line 127, in _adjustTopology
    interface.adjustTopology(mesh, firstFaultVertex, firstLagrangeVertex, firstFaultCell)
  File "/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylith/faults/faults.py", line 344, in adjustTopology
    def adjustTopology(self, *args): return _faults.FaultCohesive_adjustTopology(self, *args)
RuntimeError: Error occurred while adjusting topology to create cohesive cells for fault 'fault'.
Internal error while creating fault mesh. Face 10311061 has no cross edge.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 0
/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/bin/nemesis: mpirun: exit 255
/home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/bin/pylith: /home/wadai0/sharm760/PylithResearch/pylith-2.2.2-linux-x86_64/bin/nemesis: exit 1

Thank you
Viven

Do you get this same error with a coarser mesh? The easiest way to debug these types of issues is to coarsen the mesh and then examine in detail a run with the coarsest mesh that generates the error.