Dear CIG Community,
We will be holding the second CIG Developers Workshop on February 28 and March 1, 2022 (8am-12pm Pacific Time), to bring together developers and users of CIG-related software for discussions of current community software development practices and common areas for infrastructure improvement. We will continue the themes of last year’s workshop:
- Leverage collective wisdom to make CIG software better and easier to develop and maintain
- Make CIG software more accessible to new users
- Expand the CIG software developer community
- Identify and leverage common infrastructure
Topics for 2022:
- Software development best practices
- Aligning CIG and Journal of Open-Source Software best practices
- Are the current CIG categories of development and support still relevant?
- What is the best software development path for using accelerated architectures?
- How to build portable Singularity containers for HPC clusters
- Overview of the SCIPEd project
- hIPPYlib framework for Bayesian inference
Developers of CIG community codes, those interested in contributing code or improving their own codes, and users interested in improving CIG community codes and community practices are encouraged to attend.
Workshop webpage : Geodynamics - Events: Details: 2022 CIG Developers Workshop
Register: 2022 CIG Developers Workshop Tickets, Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 8:00 AM | Eventbrite
Registration deadline : Friday February 18