[CIG-ALL] Introduction to PETSc February 6 and HPC on Frontera February 13, 20, 27

We are pleased to announce the upcoming short courses being offered this February.

Introduction to PETSc Training
February 6th, 2020
9:00 am to 4:00 pm CT

The Portable Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computing (PETSc) provides a framework for the development of computational science codes. Its focus is on solving linear and nonlinear systems, but it is more than a collection of algorithms: it is a complete toolkit supporting parallel data structures, linear algebra, PDEs, meshes. PETSc is designed for scalable parallelism and contains debugging and profiling support. This course will discuss the basic PETSc objects and how they make up a PETSc code. Upon completion of this course, you should be able to independently develop scalable scientific simulation codes with the PETSc library.

This training will be available to both in-person and remote attendees via webcast. Local participants are strongly encouraged to attend in-person.

Registration for this event closes at 5:00 pm CT on February 4th, 2020. To register and for more information please visit: https://learn.tacc.utexas.edu/

High Performance Computing on Frontera
February 13th, 2020 - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm CT

February 20th and 27th, 2020 - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CT

TACC is offering this training on High Performance Computing (HPC) and parallel programming for Frontera and other TACC resources (Stampede2) on three separate days. During the first day (2/13) we focus on parallel programming with OpenMP. We provide an introduction to OpenMP in the morning and delve into advanced topics (tasking, SIMD, thread pinning) in the afternoon. On the second day (2/20) the focus shifts to MPI, again covering an introduction and some intermediate topics. We also discuss hybrid computing and the interplay between OpenMP and MPI within a single code. The day ends with a session on debugging and profiling. On the third day (2/27) we cover advanced MPI topics including performance optimizations and best practices on Frontera. We also discuss parallel I/O.

Most of the training segments have a hands-on component (lab) that will be conducted on Frontera (or Stampede2).

This training is available to both in-person and remote attendees via webcast. Local participants are strongly encouraged to attend in-person.

Registration for each day closes 2 days before at 5:00 pm CT. To register for each day of the event and for more information, please visit: https://learn.tacc.utexas.edu/

Please email jasona@tacc.utexas.edu if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jason Allison - TACC User Services and Training Coordination

Will the PETSc webinar be recorded for later viewing by any chance?
Garrett

In addition, we do have a few videos here: https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/tutorials/index.html

Thanks,

Matt

Yes, of course. Thanks for the reminder!

This webinar will be recorded.
(Posted on behalf of Jason Allison, TACC)

Good morning

I have tried to register for the PETSc training course but the webpage does not work for me. I am using a MAC and I have tried to open it with both Safari or Mozilla.

Any workaround?