Can ASPECT be installed and run on window10 system?

I wang to run the ASPECT on windows 10. Can ASPECT be installed and run on window10 system?
Thanks!

Yes, it should be possible through linux subsystems for windows. I tried that myself a while ago and encountered no issues. You can find some more info here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. I would recommend choosing the Ubuntu installation. Once installed, go into the linux terminal and everything works the same as for any other linux/ubuntu installation.

Thank you very much!

Hi @yliu90142,
is everything working fine with running ASPECT on windows 10? I am currently using it, so if you have any more questions (for instance plotting with gnuplot (use Xming) or the transfer of files between windows&ubuntu), I may be able to help.
Ludo

Hi, LudovicJnnt. I have encountered some problems when installing ASPECT in Window for Linux(Ubuntu).I followed the manual User Manual Version 2.2.0-3.3 Local installation. When I executed candi by running
cd candi
./candi.sh -p INSTALL_PATH.
There is a problem as shown in the picture.

What installation path did you specify? Please run it without any arguments to see if this works, as in ./candi.sh. You are also missing python and potentially other packages (did you follow the instructions that candi shows about installing dependencies?).

The installation path I specified was home/bin. I have installed candi in the Desktop(home/yl/Desktop). Unfortunately, after running the program for more than ten minutes, the Ubuntu desktop always turns black, so running ./candi.sh is always unsuccessful. In addition, all python and potentially other packages have been installed. The specific running command is as shown. It says that I should download OCE-0.18.2.tar.gz. But I have downloaded that. As you can see in the picture. I don’t know what’s going on.

You need to specify an absolute path and home/yl/Desktop is not an absolute path.
May I suggest that you just run it as ./candi.sh without other arguments?

OK, thank you. I’m trying that.

Hi, due to the window for linux system in my computer often encounter problems, so I have to change to the method of Installing VM software and setting up the virtual machine. Currently, I have downloaded and installed the virtual image, but I don’t know how to set up a shared folder between my host system(Windows 10) and the virtual machine(dealvm_Ubuntu). Could you please tell me how to do that? Thanks.

I would suggest you follow one of the many guides you can find online, Creating a Permanently Shared Folder in VirtualBox - School of Computer Science seems reasonable. The guest additions should already be installed.

Thank you very much!