Aspect 2.2.0-pre Docker Container: problem with free-surface subsection

Dear all,
I recently start using aspect Docker Container. The release available on Docker is the 2.2.0-pre.
Running my input (which is working with 2.1 release) I got the following error:

Line <115> of file <input string: There is no such subsection to be entered: Free surface
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 0. Skipping MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.

here the command lines from 115:

subsection Free surface
set Free surface boundary indicators = top
set Surface velocity projection = vertical
set Free surface stabilization theta = 0.5
end

Is there a problem with the free surface command in the newest release? Same command works fine with 2.1 release. Is there a way to change the Aspect release in the Docker Container?

Many thanks in advance,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for posting to the forum!

The structure of the parameter file free surface section has indeed changed since version 2.1.

The following structure should work:

subsection Mesh deformation
set Mesh deformation boundary indicators = top: free surface
subsection Free surface
set Free surface stabilization theta = 0.5
set Surface velocity projection = vertical
end
end

Not that above the normal formatting with spaces was not preserved with the block quotes.

A few resources and tools for debugging these type of parameter file issues when upgrading versions:

1. An update script is available that will automatically update your parameter to use the correct syntax and naming schemes for the current development version
  2. I often look at the test suite (or cookbooks/benchmarks) for help with debugging or using specific features.

If the solution is not immediately clear, then we would definitely encourage a post to the forum :slight_smile:

Thanks again for posting and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Cheers,
John

Thanks John!

now it’s working properly.

Cheers,

Manuel