SPECFEM3D - coffee cup example

Hi,

I’m attempting to run the coffee cup with acoustic fluid example provided in SPECFEM3D’s github (https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d/tree/master/EXAMPLES/coffee_mug_with_fluid_inside/coffee_cup_with_handle_CUBIT_mesh.cub). There’s no README file so after reading the manual and looking online, I tried this using two methods:

1. Within Trelis 15.0 (cubit) using exportlib.py (e2SEM module), as outlined in the GEOCUBIT experimental github repository (2 LAYERS: USING GEOCUBIT IN THE CUBIT GUI, DEFINING BOUNDARY CONDITIONS · casarotti/GEOCUBIT--experimental Wiki · GitHub) - I followed the example and no mesh is produced, error in Trelis says:

“AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘get_block_id_list’” in block definition.

1. On the command line using cubit2specfem3d.py - I’ve added symbolic links to them to indicate the path to my local installation of Trelis and run with the name of .cub mesh file but the error says:

error importing cubit, check if cubit is installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./cubit2specfem3d.py”, line 174, in
from utilities import get_cubit_version
ImportError: No module named utilities

I’ve would attach versions of the python files I used in both methods but I can’t because I’m a new user. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Louisa