Gplates scale factor parameter(?)

Hello all,

I’m currently working on a global convection model, trying to transfer from the steady state to a gplates model (not very well, but I’ll get there) and I was trying to use the scaling factor from the plugin.

I had a look at the gplates plugin on both my version (Aspect 2.1.0) and the latest version, and noticed that the Scale Factor parameter doesn’t appear to be implemented in the gplates.cc plugin, with the scale_factor variable only appearing in the parse_parameters function and the header file. Just thought I’d mention it as it appears to be an error.

Kind regards,
Alex

Dear Alex,

You’re right, it doesn’t look like this input parameter does anything at the moment. Sorry about that, and thanks for letting us know. I worked on a fix in this pull request:

Does that fix the issue for you?

Best,
Juliane

1 Like

Dear Juliane,

Thank you for looking into this and solving it so promptly. I’ve implemented the fixes and initial tests appear to shows that it’s working. Below is a similar test you performed for the pull request, top: scale factor 1, bottom: scale factor 2, then divided by 2 in paraview

Thanks again,
Alex

Dear Alex,

Great to hear it’s working! And thanks again for letting us know!

Juliane