Failed to execute generate_gmsh.py

Hi! I tried to make my problem clear because this is a little bit complicated. When I executed generate_gmsh.py in the folder of examples/reverse-2D and it says

OSError: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.23’ not found (required by /home/lhe/Pylith/pylith-3.0.0-linux-x86_64/lib/libgmsh.so.4.10)

So I guess i should install glibc_2.23 to my computer.
But when I made install of glibc_2.23 and the error shows

These critical programs are missing or too old: make compiler
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

So I checked my make version which is GNU Make 3.82 so I tried to update my make version to 4.0 and later version as it is requested.

However, when I installed make 4.2.1 the screen shows like

make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2/po’
Making install in doc
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2/doc’
make[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2/doc’
make[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘install-exec-am’.
/bin/mkdir -p ‘/usr/local/share/info’
/bin/install -c -m 644 ./make.info ./make.info-1 ./make.info-2 ‘/usr/local/share/info’
install-info --info-dir=’/usr/local/share/info’ ‘/usr/local/share/info/make.info’
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2/doc’
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2/doc’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2’
make[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2’
/bin/mkdir -p ‘/usr/local/bin’
/bin/install -c make ‘/usr/local/bin’
/bin/mkdir -p ‘/usr/local/include’
/bin/install -c -m 644 gnumake.h ‘/usr/local/include’
/bin/mkdir -p ‘/usr/local/share/man/man1’
/bin/install -c -m 644 make.1 ‘/usr/local/share/man/man1’
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2’
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/lhe/build/GNU_make/make-4.2’

and I also checked my make version it is still 3.82. I still cannot execute generate_gmsh.py in my computer. Any suggestions about these problems? Thanks so much.

In order to use Gmsh within a Linux environment, you will need to make sure you have all of the necessary graphics libraries. Most of these should be installed by default when using a current Linux distribution like Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. However, it looks like they are not on your system. You can run ldd /home/lhe/Pylith/pylith-3.0.0-linux-x86_64/lib/libgmsh.so.4.1 to see which ones are missing.

If you are on a Windows machine, you may want to install the Windows version of Gmsh. See the Gmsh documentation https://gmsh.info/ for details.

Hi Brad,
This is the info shows on my screen.

ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `./libgmsh.so.4.10'
./libgmsh.so.4.10: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.23' not found (required by ./libgmsh.so.4.10)
./libgmsh.so.4.10: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./libgmsh.so.4.10)
./libgmsh.so.4.10: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./libgmsh.so.4.10)
./libgmsh.so.4.10: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./libgmsh.so.4.10)
./libgmsh.so.4.10: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./libgmsh.so.4.10)

Actually, I use ssh to install Pylith in a remote linux system computer. The below is the info of my remote computer:

NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
VERSION="7.9 (Maipo)"
ID="rhel"
ID_LIKE="fedora"
VARIANT="Server"
VARIANT_ID="server"
VERSION_ID="7.9"
PRETTY_NAME=RHEL
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.9:GA:server"
HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"

REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.9
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.9"
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo)

Do you have any suggestions about how to install them all? I tried to install GLIBC_2.23 but I failed (the error info is described in the original question). Thanks!