Get help with ASPECT installation

Dear all,

I was trying to install ASPECT after installing dealii version 9.0.1 on cluster using candi, but when I go inside ASPECT folder, and then
mkdir build; cd build;
but when I use this commond
cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1
I got following messages:

[root@mu01 build]# cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1
CMake Error: The source directory “/opt/bin/aspect/build” does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Many thanks for any suggestion.

Ze

0 Likes

Hi Ze,

Adding ../ to the cmake command should fix the issue:

cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1 ../

For reference, CMakeLists.txt is located in the main ASPECT folder and ../ provides the relative path to that folder.

If you were to configure and compile in the main ASPECT directory, you would add a . to the end of the cmake command instead of ../.

Please let us know if that does not solve the issue or if other issues arise during the installation!

John

0 Likes

hi John
thank you so much. your guidence solve my issue. but there is another issue.
when I install it in the build folder, I got following messages:

[ 90%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/user_request.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_step.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_walltime.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_time.cc.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/utilities.cc.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/boundary_heat_flux/interface.cc.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/boundary_heat_flux/function.cc.o
/opt/bin/aspect/contrib/catch/catch.hpp(623): internal error: assertion failed: adjust_cleanup_state_for_aggregate_init: NULL dip (shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_init.c, line 9020)

Normal = 0x01,
      ^

compilation aborted for /opt/bin/aspect/source/main.cc (code 4)
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/main.cc.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

it is related with C compiler? should i use gcc or intel compiler?

Ze

0 Likes

You seem to be using an old intel compiler, is that right? We strongly suggest using gcc or a newer version of the intel compiler. See the discussion here as well: Get help with installation on cluster

0 Likes

thank you :smile:

0 Likes