Get help with ASPECT installation

Dear all,

I was trying to install ASPECT after installing dealii version 9.0.1 on cluster using candi, but when I go inside ASPECT folder, and then
mkdir build; cd build;
but when I use this commond
cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1
I got following messages:

[root@mu01 build]# cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1
CMake Error: The source directory “/opt/bin/aspect/build” does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Many thanks for any suggestion.

Ze

Hi Ze,

Adding ../ to the cmake command should fix the issue:

cmake -DDEAL_II_DIR=/opt/bin/deal.II-v9.0.1 ../

For reference, CMakeLists.txt is located in the main ASPECT folder and ../ provides the relative path to that folder.

If you were to configure and compile in the main ASPECT directory, you would add a . to the end of the cmake command instead of ../.

Please let us know if that does not solve the issue or if other issues arise during the installation!

John

hi John
thank you so much. your guidence solve my issue. but there is another issue.
when I install it in the build folder, I got following messages:

[ 90%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/user_request.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_step.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_walltime.cc.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/termination_criteria/end_time.cc.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/utilities.cc.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/boundary_heat_flux/interface.cc.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/boundary_heat_flux/function.cc.o
/opt/bin/aspect/contrib/catch/catch.hpp(623): internal error: assertion failed: adjust_cleanup_state_for_aggregate_init: NULL dip (shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_init.c, line 9020)

Normal = 0x01,
      ^

compilation aborted for /opt/bin/aspect/source/main.cc (code 4)
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/source/main.cc.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/aspect.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

it is related with C compiler? should i use gcc or intel compiler?

Ze

You seem to be using an old intel compiler, is that right? We strongly suggest using gcc or a newer version of the intel compiler. See the discussion here as well: Get help with installation on cluster - #6 by tjhei

thank you :smile: