I modified the subduction-2d example in order to prescribe a postseismic slip following a “time history” slip function, using KinSrcTimeHistory.
However, I got the following error:
TypeError: KinSrcTimeHistory.preinitialize() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given
I use Pylith 3.0.3 from the binaries (pylith-3.0.3-macOS-12.0-arm64) on a Mac M1 (ARM).
Attached in a zip are the full error message, input files, and the JSON output file.
I checked a lot of parameters but I cannot figure out what is the source of this error.
Thank you very much for any help.
error_context.zip (2.7 MB)
The error message suggests that it is a bug in the code. I will investigate.
Thanks for reporting this error.
KinSrcTimeHistory.preinitialize() is missing an argument. The short-term fix is to edit the
pylith-3.0.3-macOS-12.0-arm64/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pylith/faultspylith/faults/KinSrcTimeHistory.py as shown in FIX: Add missing 'problem' argument to KinSrcTimeHistory.preinitializ… · geodynamics/pylith@3d1d04b · GitHub.
We will work on adding an appropriate test case to ensure this is fixed permanently. We will either do a bugfix release or just include this in the next release, if it comes soon enough.
Thank you very much for your quick fix.
I applied the fix in KinSrcTimeHistory.py, it solved the argument issue.
However, it now returns an error relative to a non-existent SetTimeHistory function in KinSrcTimeHistory (full log attached):
File “/Users/test/Documents/Modelisation/pylith/pylith-3.0.3-macOS-12.0-arm64/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pylith/faults/KinSrcTimeHistory.py”, line 69, in preinitialize
- ModuleKinSrc.setTimeHistory(self, self.dbTimeHistory)*
AttributeError: type object ‘KinSrcTimeHistory’ has no attribute ‘setTimeHistory’
error_msg_2.txt (1.5 KB)
Thanks for reporting this additional information. This looks like more bugs. I now have a test in mind and will implement it and resolve this issue when I can (it may take a couple weeks).
I finally had time to create an appropriate test and have submitted a pull request with the fixes.
Here is the GitHub commit with the fixes:
These are all in the KinSrcTimeHistory.py file, so you can do them manually before the next release.
The KinSrcTimeHistory function is working fine now, thank you very much for the fix.