Error installing deal.ii example step-32

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well. I am trying to install ASPECT on my macOS Monterey 12.6. When I followed the steps in Installing and running ASPECT on Mac OS X · geodynamics/aspect Wiki · GitHub, I got stuck in step 3, installation of the dealii.

After my installation, I tested the example step 32 by running cmake . && make, and it shows the following error:

– Configuring done

– Generating done

– Build files have been written to: /Applications/deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/share/deal.II/examples/step-32

bash-3.2$ make

[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/step-32.dir/step-32.cc.o

In file included from /Applications/[deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/share/deal.II/examples/step-32/step-32.cc:32]

In file included from /Applications/[deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/include/deal.II/base/work_stream.h:35]

In file included from /Applications/[deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/include/tbb/pipeline.h:23]

class split {

^

/opt/intel/oneapi/tbb/latest/env/…/include/tbb/…/oneapi/tbb/parallel_reduce.h:684:15: note: candidate found by name lookup is ‘tbb::v1::split’

using detail::split;

^

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]

20 errors generated.

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/step-32.dir/step-32.cc.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/step-32.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Could you please help me have a look at this error and give suggestions on how to solve the problem? I would really appreciate it!

Best regards
Ziqi

Hi Ziqi,

Welcome and thanks for posting to the forum!

If you are not using one of the newer macs with ARM chips, please follow the instructions here for how to install deal.II on your mac: MacOSX · dealii/dealii Wiki · GitHub. The ASPECT are quite of date. If the installation works successfully on your end, I will update the ASPECT instructions.

If you are using an ARM-based mac, please follow the instructions here:

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
John