I am trying to perform adjoint simulation (simulation_type=2) by following steps as described in section 7.1 of the documentation. I got problems since the results are very strange. The output_solver file reported that “Max norm displacement vector U in all slices (m) = 0.0000000E+00” for every time sample. Then, values of adjoint seismogram and strain tensor are also zeros. I confirm that the adjoint source values are not zero. I am using the latest cartesian specfem3d version.
While I am trying to find solution i.e. starting by looking at the source code, but I would like also to ask perhaps some of you could give me some advice.
Thank you very much.